Japanese title: 幸せビーム! 好き好きビ−ム! - 幸せですか? - 幸せきょうりゅう音頭
Romaji title: shiawase BIIMU! suki suki BIIMU - shiawase desu ka? - shiawase kyouryuu ondo
English title: Happy Beam! I Lovydove You Beam! - Are You Happy? - Happy Dinosaur Ondo
Release date: 2002.07.03
Catalog nr: EPCE-5165, EPCE-5164, EPCE-5163
First press: no
In the spring of 2000, Tsunku decided to shuffle all the artists he managed under Hello! Project. In 2002 he repeats the success from the last two years and splits all the artist he manages into three groups. There were 26 girls in Hello! Project at the time, not counting the 15 Hello! Project Kids (who hadn’t had their major debut yet), Yuki Maeda (who was managed by Hiroshi Itsuki), and Atsuko Inaba and Yuko Nakazawa who aren’t in the shuffles this year.
The whole purpose of the shuffling and three groups was to see which group would sell the most singles. A kind of motivational learning experience for all of them.
Tsunku decided to have happiness as the theme this year, as well as adding the number of girls in the group to the name. Happy7 consist of Mika Todd from Coconuts Musume, Asami Kimura from Country Musume, Hitomi Saito from Melon Kinenbi, and Hitomi Yoshizawa Ai kago, Risa Niigaki, Ai Takahashi and Asami Konno from Morning Musume.
Sexy8 consist of Ayaka Kimura from Coconuts Musume, Mai Satoda from Country Musume; Masae Ohtani from Melon Kinenbi; soloist Michiyo Heike; and Mari Yaguchi, Maki Goto, Hitomi Yoshizawa and Rika Ishikawa from Morning Musume.
Odoru11 (Odoru = To dance, to jump) consist of Rinne Toda from Country Musume; Ayumi Shibata and Megumi Murata from Melon Kinenbi; soloists Rika Ishii, Aya Matsuura and Miki Fujimoto; and Kaori Iida, Natsumi Abe, Kei Yasuda, Nozomi Tsuji and Asami Konno from Morning Musume. Their song was used in the television commercial break special show Minna no Uta for June and July in 2002.
Happy7 sold a total of 108.430 copies, Sexy8 a total of 101.870 copies, and Odoru11 a total of 72.070 copies placing them; making Happy7 #1 in the shuffle competition.
In addition to the single, they also released a video single:
シングルV「幸せビーム! 好き好きビーム! / 幸せですか? / 幸せきょうりゅう温度」
Single V «Shiawase Beam! Suki Suki Beam! / Shiawase Desu ka? / Shiawase Kyouryuu Ondo»
August 21th, 2002 / EPBE-5041
1. Shiawase Beam! Suki Suki Beam! / 2. Shiawase Desu ka? / 3. Shiawase Kyouryuu Ondo / 4. Making of
Maki Goto covered Shiawase Desu ka? on her 2004 album, ② Paint It Gold.
01. 幸せビーム！好き好きビ－ム！(Shiawase Beam! Suki Suki Beam!; Happy Beam! I Lovydove You Beam!)
02. よくある親子のセレナーデ (Happy7 Version) (Yoku Aru Oyako no Serenade (Happy7 Ver.); The Common Serenade of Parent and Child (Happy 7 Ver.))
01. 幸せですか? (Shiawase Desu ka?; Are You Happy?)
02. よくある親子のセレナーデ (セクシー8 version) (Yoku Aru Oyako no Serenade (Sexy8 Ver.); The Common Serenade of Parent and Child (Sexy8 Ver.))
03. 幸せですか? (Instrumental)
01. 幸せきょうりゅう音頭 (Shiawase Kyouryuu Ondo; Happy Dinosaur Ondo)
02. よくある親子のセレナーデ (おどる♥11 version) (Yoku Aru Oyako no Serenade; The Common Serenade of Parent and Child)
03. 幸せきょうりゅう音頭 (Instrumental)
All lyrics & music by Tsunku. Arrangements by SHO-1